Paddle Boarding with Children
Paddle Boarding with Children is Easy
By now you've probably read it all and think oh, another blog about paddle boarding with children. But what sets us apart from the rest is the mere fact that we give a simple, yet effective, step by step guide to taking your childen onto a SUP with you. It's a good idea to have a few sessions under your belt before you take your children along for the ride. Finding your own balance is important that way you feel more comfortable stablizing two people on one board.
The Essentials for Paddle Boarding
Besides naming the obvious, the below should be brought with you on this fun activity.
What You Should Know:
- First and foremost, your child should know how to swim before you decide to go paddle boarding with them. Making sure the child wears a PFD (Personal Flotation Device) should be priority even if they know how to swim. The water is unpredictable and you should always be prepared.
- Pick a calm enviornment with smooth waters if you can for the first time paddle boarding with children. It'll make every thing a lot easier.
- Many children tend to be cautious so easing your child into the idea might help the cause. Have them dip their feet into the water, splash around and have a little fun getting used to the water before climbing onto the SUP.
- When you are both finally ready to paddle out let your child slowly climb on crawling their way to the front of the board. Once they make their way to the front have them sit down for stability. You'll eventually get on, possbly kneeling, and paddle yourselves out into the open waters.
- From there on you could get onto your feet or the child might want to get into a kneeling position.
- Eventually, your child will probably want to try paddle boarding by themselves. We recommend that you take all precautious measures if you do decide to let them paddle on their own and that they are age 5 or older.
- Lastly, HAVE FUN! This is what it's really all about, right?
Adventure is Waiting...
Yes, we made it look incredibly easy to go paddle boarding with your children and you are now considering doing it. It's not only fun, there are many benefits to paddle boarding with your kids. You get an adventure out of it, some physical activity and most importantly, quality time with your child. Want more insight? Check out this link for moms who come together and go paddle boarding with children.